Menopause is something all women must go through, but that doesn’t make it any easier. If you are currently suffering from menopause, here are a few ways you can relieve your symptoms…
Dealing with specific menopause symptoms
- Discover what triggers your hot flashes, and avoid those products or activities.
- Dress in layers and remove some when you feel a hot flash coming on.
- Use a fan to keep cool at home or in the office.
- Being physically active during the day will help you sleep better at night.
- Avoid large meals, smoking, alcohol, and working before bedtime.
- Don’t consume any caffeine after noon.
- Use your bed only for sleep, not TV.
- Minimize your exposure to artificial light in the hours leading up to bedtime.
- Getting enough sleep can help improve mood swings.
- Be physically active and eat a well-balanced diet.
- Avoid taking on too much responsibility in your personal life or at work.
- Talk to a doctor if you experience symptoms of depression.
- Apply topical over-the-counter moisturizers and lubricants.
Hormone replacement therapy for menopause
The many symptoms of menopause are caused by lower levels of estrogen and progesterone. As women age, their bodies naturally begin to produce less and less of these hormones. BioIdentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can naturally replenish your body’s hormone levels, leaving you feeling good and functioning at your best.
Talk to the hormone replacement experts at NuWave Medical, PLLC to see if hormone replacement therapy is right for you. If you live on Long Island, call us today to schedule a consultation at (631) 343-7144.